How do I improve my credit score?
1. Improve your payment history by paying all your bills consistently and on time.
2. Get current on delinquent accounts to reduce your outstanding debt and to avoid having delinquencies reported.
3. Build on your credit history because the longer you’ve had credit, the better the score.
4. Don’t open accounts you don’t need, as inquiries made on your credit report will lower your score.
5. Try to keep balances low. A large number of revolving credit accounts with open balances, can result in a lower score. Try to have a more diverse credit profile which consists of installment accounts, revolving credit balances and mortgage.